Writing you at the T-minus five week mark of our departure from Singapore! As many of you know, we will be leaving Singapore, home to me for the last five years and home to Zé for the last two and a half, for a new home in Lisbon, Portugal! We are incredibly excited for this next chapter of our lives, and particularly thrilled to get going on some wedding planning! At the same time, we’ve got loads to do before we fly out on July 30.
Here is what the (half-done) checklist looks like:
- Cancel our utilities account and Wi-Fi service
- Source and confirm a moving company to pack and ship the contents of our apartment
- Arrange for a handyman to come and re-sand the floors, fix up the chipped paint on the walls, etc.
- Schedule final dinners and goodbyes with our friends, keeping in mind the still-strict COVID rules (two dining out, five guests at home)
- Sell the furniture we are not planning to bring with us to Lisbon (about 10 pieces)
- Cancel magazine subscriptions and confirm forwarding address with Singapore Post
- Gather materials and finalize visa paperwork for Lisbon office
- Use up packages at yoga studio and gym, as well as beauty salons
- Donate unopened pantry goods
- Prepare for final walkthrough with landlord
- Check off our final Singapore “must-do’s” like restaurants and tourist sites
- AND MORE!
This comes at the backend of a whirlwind month, where I – first and foremost – graduated from my yoga teacher training (see graduation photos below). After 10 intensive weekends of anatomy, injuries and modifications, yoga history, and more, I successfully passed my theory exam and taught a 20-minute Power Flow class to a group of four students, with two teachers looking on and grading us. Woohoo!! I also finished my A2 Portuguese lessons, finally had a surgery done to correct a crooked septum (a procedure I’ve been putting off for years) all while managing my workload.
It’s going to be a crazy few weeks ahead but we could not be more excited for what’s to come.